Confirmation 201 [Wk6]: Prayer
Confirmation 201: Session 6
October 16, 2017
Last week was difficult and, frankly impractical. Tonight we will discuss prayer: private and public and how we can use it for our personal and communal spirituality. How can we pray and get closer to God?
Why Would I Ever Pray in Public?
- What is Liturgy?
- Praying for Others?
- Matthew 6:1-15 – What Jesus teaches about prayer.
- Luke 11:1-9 – Lord, teach us to pray.
An Algorithm for Public Prayer
- Name God
- What Has God Done?
- What Do You Need?
- Why Do You Need It?
- Bring it Back to Jesus
- Amen (So Be It)
Why Would I Pray Privately When God Does Not Answer My Prayer?
- 1 John 5:14-16 – God Listens
- Mark 11: 20-25 – Forgiveness
- Matthew 26:40-41 – Lead from Temptation; Strength
What have you consistently prayed for?
What do you wish would happen when you pray?